Chandanda wrote >>  " You are taking Kamal LITERALLY"<<

That's what I call nit-picking.Manage to lift just one word and then twist ,turn and bend it according to one's convenience in order to write a primer on that.But then, our first class cynics comfortably leave the core issues,say for example, corruption, untouched.Perhaps,they may not be discredited.There is a reason why.In Tamil Nadu, cynicism runs so deep that despite Jayalalitha's long list of corruption charges,only 8% of the voters polled said corruption was an issue in the election.Could it be because they have already been desensitised with the vice, known as corruption, owing to its rampant nature and have been conditioned to accept the same as daily part of their life? On the other side of the coin,not a day went by without the sanctimoniuos leaders lecturing the word " the poor".Yet, look around,all you see is the most wretched poverty.Is that not strange? Surely,a political party so totally dedicated to the poor should have succeeded in eliminating poverty ! by now? T

Last night I got a e-mail from a good friend of mine,currently a resident of Singapore ( and a native of Bangalore),describing his pathetic experiences during his sojourn in India.A few excerpts only.

"--- The crowd milled around the baggage carousel.It was well past midnight and the passengers were cranky after a long flight from Singapore.--Ten minutes passed,then thirty,then an hour.I reached into my carry-on,pulled out a paperback and sat resignedly on the base of my cart.I got to read 100 pages before the carousel creaked into action.It had taken the handlers an hour and fifty minutes to get our bags off the plane.---The next morning,I was not surprised to find that Indian Airlines seemed to have lost my reservation completely.It seemed that I was " not on the computer",for the onward flight to Bangalore.What were my options? Basically none,he tells me.I was not in the computer.Therefore,I did not exist.I asked to speak to his boss.He would not come in till eleven.----It is part of the Great Indian mystery.All things are unknowable.

---The inertia can be maddening.My parents and I had gone to the local Bank to access our locker for valuables there.The branch manager gestured to us to sit down and wait.Apparently somebody was already in the room where the lockers were.Our wait extended from five minutes to fortyfive.Whoever was in there seemed to be taking a nap.My father finally got a clerk to push open the door.The room was empty.---Hoping to get a better service,we drove to the State Bank of India.The manager was pleased to get our business.There was only a small matter of a stamp tax.Did they have stamp forms? No,we could get one in---.We returned the next day with the form neatly signed.He had found that there were no lockes available except for one that needed a stepladder to reach.We said that was OK.But the person who allocated lockers was on holiday.Could we come back another day? Next morning,we trooped into his  office again,all four of us in the family.The locker allocation officer ha! d extende