Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 7:50 AM
Subject: Re: [Assam] Rickshaw pullers, labourers go missing - IANS

At 10:48 PM -0500 5/24/05, Barua25 wrote:
May we know what do you think is Assam's problem and what is your proposed solution then?

*** I don't have Assam's PROBLEM all neatly packaged in a few sentences of platitudes that you seem to require. I don't look at it in that simple-minded way. Besides I do not either claim or pretend to know about ALL that ails Assam.
I know of SOME issues, and I have written about them for a decade in Assam Net.
If you missed them so far, you will never get it.

If you mean this last decade, looks like I missed it completely and will never get it.

*** That is very perceptive of you Rajen.

Looks like you are not interested in discussing the problems, but want to go straight for the solutions.

*** What is your rationale for coming to this conclusion? Is it something you picked up from between the lines of what I have been writing, inferred it, or culled it from otherwise clearly expressed intents on my part?

Why I ask the question is that I see absolutely no connection between what I wrote in recent days or even earlier and this conclusion on your part.

I do know that I refused to engage in YOUR invitation to engage in pinning down Assam's PROBLEM/S sometime back. And there was a good reason for it.

The reason was that I hold a pretty dim view of your analytical skills, which you demonstrated graphically yesterday with :

Now we all know the problem.

First precondition for someone to be a Dhwd, he/she  will have to have enough to eat without working.
Assamese are typically called whose 'akalw nai, bhoralw nai' jati, and that is why they are Dhwd.
Dhwds are not poor.  Assamese are xom.bhranto dhwds.

Now here is the contradiction. If Assamese have enough to eat without working, What is then Assam's problem? What Assamese are complaining of? Why they are complaining of jobs?
Are they complaining because others are working from their waste land and trying to survive and in the process are becoming  richer than the Assamese. Are Assamese trying to say, you Orias, you Biharis, you Bangladesis, you starve to death in your own land. Don't you come to my waste land and try to survive.

If some Marwaris, Biharis, Bangladesis are exploiting the Asamese, they are exploiting by following manner:

Twmare barir bah gaj
Take-ni korisw khorisa
Twmake besi dhan dwn loisw
Kothatw mon korisa.

*** If I proposed things like the above would you consider my analytical skills to be anything you would want to associate with?

Like GWB would have said,"I don't know the problem, But I know the soultion: Iraq War."
What a great idea. Go for it.
Rajen

*** Ouch! You sure know how to hurt a fellow Oxomiya.