I think this discussion needs to distinguish clearly between case-sensitive
(treating caps and lower case the same) and case-insensitive (treating the
upper and lower case of the same character as different).  "Mixed-case"
could mean either, and is therefore unclear.

IMHO, case-insensitivity is not human-friendly.  I can't think of any
reason to use it, but no doubt someone has,

--
OREXXMan