IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> wrote on
02/28/2014 11:18:33 AM:

> From: Hobart Spitz <orexx...@gmail.com>

> I think this discussion needs to distinguish clearly between
case-sensitive
> (treating caps and lower case the same) and case-insensitive (treating
the
> upper and lower case of the same character as different).  "Mixed-case"
> could mean either, and is therefore unclear.
>
> IMHO, case-insensitivity is not human-friendly.  I can't think of any
> reason to use it, but no doubt someone has,

In human language based communication with other humans, case-sensitivity
is meaningful and helpful.  In any communication with automatons (except
data entry), case-insensitivity is more human-friendly and can be easily
tolerated by the machine(s).  Making STUFF stuff Stuff sTuff ... have
different meanings is not as fault-tolerant as it could be.

Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. - John
F. Kennedy
Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride. - Bette Davis (as
character Margo Channing) _All About Eve_1950
Our greatest danger in life is in permitting the urgent things to crowd
out the important. - Charles E. Hummel

The information contained in this communication (including any
attachments hereto) is confidential and is intended solely for the
personal and confidential use of the individual or entity to whom
it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
communication in error and that any review, dissemination, copying,
or unauthorized use of this information, or the taking of any
please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original
message. Thank you