Very clean and easy to use. Looking at the AAD instruction shows that they have as complicated instructions as we do.

Tony Thigpen

Capps, Joey wrote on 11/14/2014 03:59 PM:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/architectures-software-developer-manuals.html
for a link to intel architecture specification documents

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 2:49 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Redesigning the Principles of Operation Manual

On 2014-11-14 11:17, Gary Weinhold wrote:
You know we're all just talking about presentation of information, not the
information itself.  So what we want is a flexible (tailorable?) interface to
the information, not a change in the information itself.  So with all the
advances made in user access to information, we're saying it can never apply to
the PoOp information.

Exactly.  "Two columns" is just presentation.  It's a pity that semantics has
been subsumed by presentation.

Just as a point of reference, how does Intel do it (or AMD or Cyrix or IBM
supercomputers)?  Probably their Principles of Operation are less targeted at
end users, but someone still must write the compilers.

-- gil