Tom Marchant wrote: Please don't tell me or anyone else what I think.

Well, you pretty well trashed every suggestion Tony Thigpen made (as well as
Fred.van.der.Windt's comments), adding " Clearly, there is no consensus here
that _any_ of the proposed changes are a good idea." so it certainly sounded
like it.

Is "Yuck" in your view not hyperbole? Should we dismiss your opinions because
of this?

I certainly feel that a paragraph such as

For COMPARE LOGICAL (CLR, CL, CLY), COMPARE LOGICAL IMMEDIATE (CLFI), and
COMPARE
LOGICAL RELATIVE LONG (CLRL), the operands
are treated as 32 bits. For COMPARE LOGICAL
(CLGR, CLG) and COMPARE LOGICAL RELATIVE
LONG (CLGRL), the operands are treated as 64 bits.
For COMPARE LOGICAL (CLGFR, CLGF), COMPARE LOGICAL IMMEDIATE (CLGFI), and
COMPARE LOGICAL RELATIVE LONG (CLGFRL), the
first operand is treated as 64 bits, and the second
operand is treated as 32 bits with 32 zeros appended
on the left. For COMPARE LOGICAL IMMEDIATE
(CLHHSI), the operands are treated as 16 bits. For
COMPARE LOGICAL IMMEDIATE (CLFHSI) and
COMPARE LOGICAL RELATIVE LONG (CLHRL),
the first operand is treated as 32 bits and the second
operands is treated as 16 bits with 16 zeros
appended on the left. For COMPARE LOGICAL
IMMEDIATE (CLGHSI) and COMPARE LOGICAL
RELATIVE LONG (CLGHRL), the first operand is
treated as 64 bits, and the second operand is treated
as 16 bits with 48 zeros appended on the left. For
COMPARE LOGICAL IMMEDIATE (CLI, CLIY), the
operands are treated as 8 bits.

could be expressed somewhat better.