From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]
On Behalf Of Tony Thigpen
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 7:20 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Quick error termination of an assembler routine (Was:
Performance of Decimal Floating Point Instruction)

Who cares about the Instruction Cache? You are crashing the program.

Especially with just a one byte error code. We are talking about "it should
never get there" code, or test code to abend.

Tony Thigpen

Keven Hall wrote on 05/12/2017 06:53 PM:
> Regarding code like:
>>          BZ    NOERROR  (If RC==0.)
>>          DC    X'00',C'You shouldn'ta done that.'
>
> I'd suggest documenting the error in source code rather than the
instruction cache (or using a 1-byte numeric error code.

> Possibly I'm being pedantic.  For sure I'm dragging this thread ever
further from its original subject.