Simple? It's easy for you to say that without knowing how the assembler works.
You can't see that it would be additional code?
You haven't answered the questions as to why your program dies that.
Feel free to submit an idea to change the behavior. Be sure to include a
business justification. Don't be surprised if you get more people voting
against it than vote for it.

--
Tom Marchant