> I've noticed that my configuration gets messed up on some updates
> (I con't prove whether it's the update or a coïncidental problem mail
> that crashes assp). assp continues to die every few minutes to hour
> or so after the updates. Sometimes, I've had to back up to a
> configuration of over a month prior to get things stable again.

Never experienced such an issue, although, in some cases (read
versions) I had to quickly rollback ASSP due to some bugs or in any
case issues which forced me to do so; at any rate...

> I should note, however, that I also very strongly suspect that there
> are incoming mails that continue to crash assp, but I've not had the
> time to investigate this. As a consequence, I suspect the update,
> incoming mail, or a combination of both.

I don't think incoming emails may cause this, otherwise a LOT of
folks around would already have noticed the issue; I think you may
be facing some corrupted configuration issue or something along
those lines, keep in mind that, when updating ASSP, especially
when it comes to the "beta" versions you'll also need to ensure to
have all your perl modules up-to-date as required and, forgive me,
this isn't a task which ASSP should carry on, the modules updates
should be carried on by YOU (sure, an email alert about some
outdated module may help) my suggestion, in your case, is to set
up some kind of "watchdog" module to save the ASSP log upon
such "crashes", that may help finding out what ASSP was doing
when it crashed and possibly to track the issue