> Same!  Not only do I make copies of the *.pl files, but the assp.cfg
> file as well in case something happens to it (which has happened more
> than once).

which, in turn, makes me think that /maybe/ that creating a "tgz" file
containing the "pl" and the "cfg" may probably make sense; in my
case I just backup the latest "cfg" w/o keeping track of it, but your
idea may make sense, rolling back to a previous version or, if you
prefer, status, may also mean rolling back the configuration; now,
I'm NOT pretending ASSP to handle the rollback, that's OUTSIDE
the purpose of the update mechanism, but adding some simple
kind of archiving like the one described may really be of help and
for sure (in my direct experience) will help rolling back versions and
keep using ASSP :)