Just a few notes inline

Guy Neale wrote:
> Lonnie
>
> Q1 Are there any other variables that should be added?
> A1 Wish List
>    1. A way to dynamically add NAT forwarding, eg read and write to
> /mnt/kd/arno-iptables-filewall.conf or rc.conf variable equivalents and
> restart arno when changes have been made (either automatically or via a
> restart arno button).

In trunk (and shortly in 0.5), arno-iptables-firewall will be updated to
use a slightly different structure.  This was done to support plugins to
the firewall etc.  The new config file will be in
/mnt/kd/arno-iptables-firewall and will be called firewall.conf.  This
is already present in trunk.

>    2. Reading and displaying the IP/mask/gateway/DNS setting from the
> PPPoE interface,
>    3. Maybe restarting the PPPoE interface from a button etc

Cool as I have a few clients with PPPoE.

(and from the other email)

> I may have found a problem when using config files in /mnt/kd/rc.conf.d
>
> Problem
>
> On every reboot /mnt/kd/rc.conf.d/gui.network.conf is re-written to
> /mnt/kd/rc.conf (/mnt/kd/rc.conf grows in size on every reboot)

This is because by default, it assumes that if you're using
/mnt/kd/rc.conf.d, you won't be using rc.conf (and thus rc.conf is
located in /tmp/etc and deleted each boot).  This is why I think that
the init scripts should be changed to read rc.conf AND the individual
.conf files.  If the .conf files exist, they would overwrite variables
defined by rc.conf.  With the current design, either use rc.conf OR
rc.conf.d but not both.

Darrick
--
Darrick Hartman