Manuel wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> With an Alix board using runnix-serial and net5501 images from
> Darrick, no problems appears. The only warning is:
>
>  Checking asturw filesystem
>  fsck: /etc/fstab: No such file or directory
>  fsck: fsck.ext2: No such file or directory
>  fsck: wait: no more child process?!?
>
> Using the same board with the same runnix-serial but generating my own
> images (astlinux-trunk-1842) the boot process is stopped with this
> error:
>
>  Checking asturw filesystem
>  fsck: /etc/fstab: No such file or directory
>  e2fsck 1.39 (29-May-2006)
>  ext2fs_check_if_mount: No such file or directory while determining
> whether /dev/
>  hda2 is mounted.
>  e2fsck: need terminal for interactive repairs
>  Fsck detected errors on /dev/hda2 (8)
>  /bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
>
> If I use the old method without UnionFS the board boot without
> problems (astkd=/dev/hda2).
>
> I think the problem is in initrd.img. When I replace my initrd with
> the one from Darrick the system boot without problems using my .run
> file. The file from Darrick is only +-100kb but mine is more than
> 400kb.
> The only part I have changed in AstLinux Development Environment
> default settings is that I disable wanpipe because not compile and
> have selected net5501 target.
>
> Some explanation about this problem? I need to change something in
> AstLinux Development Environment default settings?
> Can I use always the initrd.img file from Darrick without problems
> with my .run  files?

Manuel,

Trunk is not stable.  We are working through some changes to the initrd
which should actually check the asturw file system at boot time.  With
the new initrd, it should drop you to a shell (which it does).  If you
manually run /sbin/fsck.ext2 /dev/hda2 you should be prompted to repair
several unlinked inodes etc.  Do this manually, then reboot.  After
fixing those inodes, it should be fine.

I did bump unionfs from 2.2.2 to 2.4 yesterday.  This may help.  I've
been extremely swamped the last month or so with various
projects/work/summer etc and haven't had time to get this completely
ironed out.  You can use the initrd from and older revision.  It won't
do a file system check at all on the asturw partition though so you may
end up with problems that can only be solved by removing the CF from the
system and manually fsck'ing the partition on a different computer.

Darrick
--
Darrick Hartman
DJH Solutions, LLC