Hi Michael

> >I have installed the geni586 image of 0.6.7, and then run
> >pbx/admin/setup.php, selecting the defaults for persistent storage.
> >Files I write to /mnt/kd persist across reboots. However,
> changes made
> >via the Edit tab of the Astlinux GUI (selecting files which do not
> >exist on /mnt/kd) do not persist. In addition, each reboot
> seems to be
> >regenerating the security keys, so I get prompted with a
> Putty warning
> >next time I SSH to it. Mount shows:
> >
> >rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
> >/dev/root on /oldroot type ext2 (rw)
> >/dev/hda2 on /oldroot/mnt/asturw type ext2 (rw,noatime) none on
> >/oldroot/mnt/asturo type tmpfs (ro) none on / type unionfs
> >(rw,dirs=/oldroot/mnt/asturw=rw:/oldroot/mnt/asturo=ro)
> >none on /proc type proc (rw)
> >none on /dev type tmpfs (rw)
> >none on /var type tmpfs (rw)
> >none on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)
> >none on /sys type sysfs (rw)
> >usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
> >none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
> >/dev/hda1 on /oldroot/cdrom type vfat
> >(ro,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1)
> >none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
> >
> >I should say that this is the CF card I was having problems wiping.
> >What is wrong?
>
> you have to call up the setup page TWICE.
> It is explained here: http://www.astlinux.org/node/44

I followed this process (though the page's layout is broken in IE8/PC
which makes it somewhat difficult to read without viewing the source).
I don't believe it tells you manually to visit the setup page twice.
The one issue while I was using the setup page was that the HTTP
redirect, which is meant to forward you back to the setup page once
the box has rebooted, redirected too early, so I got a page not found.
I clicked back, and then clicked the Finish button.

When I now visit the setup page, I have the following on-screen:

"This AstLinux System has been successfully setup."

Any ideas? I am happy to start again from scratch if that will help,
but as I mentioned, I don't think I have successfully returned this CF
card to its factory state - some guidance on that might help me to
progress.

Thanks

Tom