>Hi Michael
>
>I followed this process (though the page's layout is broken in IE8/PC
>which makes it somewhat difficult to read without viewing the source).
>I don't believe it tells you manually to visit the setup page twice.
>The one issue while I was using the setup page was that the HTTP
>redirect, which is meant to forward you back to the setup page once
>the box has rebooted, redirected too early, so I got a page not found.
>I clicked back, and then clicked the Finish button.

In this case I would not use the back button, but instead call the
whole URL manually again (Browser Cache!). Or try again with another
Browser (Firefox).

Alternatively you can do the whole setup in the shell:

initial-setup status
initial-setup format separate /dev/hda 128 #(sep. Unionfs and /mnt/kd Part. or)
initial-setup format combined /dev/hda     #(combined on one Part.)
reboot
initial-setup configure /dev/hda
reboot

I mostly use "separate" version.

>When I now visit the setup page, I have the following on-screen:
>
>"This AstLinux System has been successfully setup."

That looks OK.

>Any ideas? I am happy to start again from scratch if that will help,
>but as I mentioned, I don't think I have successfully returned this CF
>card to its factory state - some guidance on that might help me to
>progress.

Maybe you need to overwrite the card while formatting. For OSX Lonnie
wrote a script.
For Windows I use normally "Acronis Disk Director" with "overwrite
once". Do you have another card to test with?

>Thanks
>
>Tom

Michael