On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Michael Keuter <li...@mksolutions.info> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:27:29 -0700, John Reynolds <reynold...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Lonnie Abelbeck
>> <li...@lonnie.abelbeck.com> wrote:

>>> Using the web interface, you should use:
>>>
>>> Network tab -> Advanced Configuration: User System Variables: {Edit User
>>> Variables}
>>>
>>> Then add your variable definitions as above. Then reboot.
>>>
>>> The files used in the case is "/mnt/kd/rc.conf.d/user.conf"
>>>
>>> Lonnie
>>
>> Thanks for the help thus far. I've finally made the corrections you
>> pointed out, and the box comes up with the module loaded, and seems to
>> be right... but I'm not able to make a connection to the box
>> wirelessly.
>>
>> AP0="wlan0:sunflower:11:br0:wpa2:password:hidden,rekey"
>>
>> above is what I have in user.conf. I understand that this means that
>> the SSID is "sunflower", operating on channel 11, bridge 0 (which in
>> this situation is "eth1 ap0"), wpa2 is the security type/protocol,
>> "password" is the password, and "hidden" means to hide the SSID...
>> don't know about "rekey".
>>
>> Can someone confirm the above, and provide the appropreate option
>> alternatives (or where/how to find them)?
>>
>> I have looked at the "iw" command, and read online some usage
>> examples, but none seemed to yield anything useful.
>>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> John R
>
> I use the same string as you, except "hidden", and it works fine for me.
> Do you have WIFI_ENABLE="yes", WIFIMODS and the BRIDGE0 in your users.conf?
>
> Does lspci recognize your card?
>
> --
> Michael

This is what I have set:

BRIDGE0="eth1 ap0"
WIFI_ENABLE="yes"
WIFIMODS="ath5k"
AP0="wlan0:sunflower:11:br0:wpa2:password:hidden,rekey"

I just checked the output of lspci, I'm good there also (I figured it
would be good as I can see it recognize the card during boot up).
I'll try with the "hidden" removed, just to be see something different.