>> I use the same string as you, except "hidden", and it works fine for me.
>> Do you have WIFI_ENABLE="yes", WIFIMODS and the BRIDGE0 in your users.conf?
>>
>> Does lspci recognize your card?
>>
>> --
>> Michael
>
> This is what I have set:
>
> BRIDGE0="eth1 ap0"
> WIFI_ENABLE="yes"
> WIFIMODS="ath5k"
> AP0="wlan0:sunflower:11:br0:wpa2:password:hidden,rekey"
>
> I just checked the output of lspci, I'm good there also (I figured it
> would be good as I can see it recognize the card during boot up).
> I'll try with the "hidden" removed, just to be see something different.

Ok, let me back up a little bit further...

Astlinux is using compat-wireless now, correct? As I was never fluent
with madwifi configuration, I'm not sure what difference the change to
compat-wireless means to me. I'm not putting together the big picture
based on what I'm reading on google, and what is available in
astlinux. (there is "iw" but no "iwconfig". How do I make changes to
the running config? where do I save these configs? what is the correct
syntax?).

Usually someone else has already asked these questions, and I just
search the list for the answer... but I'm not finding an anwer to this
one.

John R.