From: Chris Abnett [mailto:eldorado...@yahoo.com]
Sent: August 16, 2010 2:32 PM
To: 'AstLinux Users Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [Astlinux-users] Asterisk 1.6 install

Here is what I did

1] ran the SVN co command..  trunk is not necessarily the latest stable
version.. 0.7 is though
co https://astlinux.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/astlinux/branches/0.7 0.7

2] cd to 0.7

3] cp astlinux.config .config

4] make oldconfig

Running toolchain/build from here yes should give you usable packages and a
directory structure such is in my last message...  however if your build
crashed  you would see on the screen  an error in the compiler output..
such as script done..  error 2 or something like that....   this would mean
something was missing or such  or a package in the system failed..  using
trunk this can happen a lot as it is the developers test version..

If you start over and svn checkout the 0.7 version you may have better luck
building it the first time...

An example of a broken build is below where you can see an error
occurred....

mkdir -p /usr/src/astlinux/0.7/build_i586/root/usr/sbin
mkdir -p /usr/src/astlinux/0.7/build_i586/root/etc/asterisk
mkdir: cannot create directory
`/usr/src/astlinux/0.7/build_i586/root/etc/asterisk': File exists
make[1]: *** [installdirs] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/astlinux/0.7/build_i586/asterisk-1.6.2.11'
make: *** [/usr/src/astlinux/0.7/build_i586/root/usr/sbin/asterisk] Error 2
Script done, file is build.log_

real    6m31.042s
user    2m40.270s
sys     0m27.823s
[cadillac...@localhost 0.7]$

The make menuconfig is where you can customize your build..  however they
have you do toolchain/build before menuconfig your fisrt time just to make
sure the default settings , packages, etc will work and build correctly.....

** for you my nextr move would be to delete your directory.. and svn out 0.7
(the second SVN command in the example instructions online.  And then build
that as default and see if you incur any errors....  chances are that is why
you do not have the runnix files everyone talks about.. as creating those is
the last step in the build process

-CHristopher