Tom,

AstLinux does offer a general dialproxy.php script that can be called via curl.
--------
$ curl --insecure "https://pbx/dialproxy.php?num=2223334444&ext=value";

The num= number is the outbound call phone number.

The ext= value is a label that references a key in the asterisk "astdb"
database.
The actionlist key "DIALPROXY-value" must be defined, the required data is the
initial
phone extension to dial, such as SIP/1234 .  Additionally, tilde '~' separated
options of
context=default
timeout=30
callerid=
localcallerid=
dialprefix=
allow=

can be omitted, or defined in any order.

For more info, search for "[Version 1.5.48]" at:
http://lonnie.abelbeck.com/astlinux/altweb-changelog.txt
--------

For OS X, Address Book support (example supplied) and even system wide, Dial
Proxy support is quite simple.  (I use it daily).

Back to MS Outlook, I'm not sure if the Applescript example can be coaxed to
work with Outlook, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Lonnie