Thanks for your reply, Bob.

My problem is not exactly compatibility of hardware. Instead, I want
the driver to send out the response as soon as it receives a packet
(when notified by interrupt ath5k_intr() ).

I am thinking of calling ath5k_tx(struct ieee80211_hw *hw, struct
sk_buff *skb) inside ath5k_tasklet_rx(). However, I have difficulty in
passing the correct skb.

If I am not wrong, struct sk_buff *skb should point to a complete WLAN
packet. Could anyone please advise on how to prepare such a packet.

Thanks again.
YY