On 21 May 2005, at 2:41 am, Robert Sayre wrote:

OK. The chairs' latest text reads:

" If multiple atom:entry elements with the same atom:id value appear
in an Atom Feed document, they describe the same entry and Atom
Processors MUST treat them as such."

Where does the bad behavior come in, and what can we do to discourage it?

This line:
"Their atom:updated timestamps SHOULD be different"

What are the allowable exceptions here? If I wanted to store two versions with the same id and updated (say from two different sources, or which non-siginificanr differences, is that allowable. What should a client that implements "the typical behavior ... to display only the entry with the latest atom:updated timestamp" do?

Graham