Sam Ruby wrote:
P.S. Why is this on atom-sytax? Is there a concrete proposal we are talking about here? Is there likely to be?
   Because James Snell asked a question?.. But, more seriously:
I intend to write an Internet draft for RFC3229+feed and hope that I'll be able to get the working group to consider it. Given the implemenation history, we certainly meet the IETF tradition of having more than three independent implementions as well as considerable experience in field use. Also, the "Atom over XMPP" Internet Draft is something that I think the Working Group should consider once the issues related to the syntax and protocol specs are dealt with. In any case, I think it is traditional for IETF mailing lists to provide a forum for discussion of potential use of the protocols that they define in addition to providing a forum for the work of defining the language of the specifications themselves. It is only by developing a common understanding of the various use cases that we can understand how the future work, if any, of the working group should be defined.

       bob wyman