From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of James Holderness
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 9:24 PM
To: Atom Syntax
Subject: Re: Does xml:base apply to type="html" content?

Sean Lyndersay wrote:
> In my own case (IE7) case, this isn't that big a deal because we have
> to grovel in HTML for many other reasons, but I suspect it'd be pain
> for other clients.

Looking at the results of the Atom XmlBaseConformanceTests [1] mosts of the
clients tested seemed capable of handling relative references inside HTML to
some extent. Even the ones that don't necessarily pass all the tests at least
get enough right to suggest that they're on the right track.

IE7 is actually one of the few clients that I would consider to have failed
outright. Is the latest beta any better at handling xml:base or do these
problems still exist?

Regards
James

[1] http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/XmlBaseConformanceTests