On May 4, 2006, at 7:10 PM, James M Snell wrote:

At issue is whether or not authors of standardized
extensions should extend elements with undefinedContent when we know
full well that there are API implementations out there that have made
the extremely shortsighted decision to completely ignore such content.

Give me a break, we're in the first *days* of something that will be used for at least decades. Todays' APIs will have a vanishingly- small lifespan in comparison; crippling our expressiveness in deference to them is, frankly, silly. -Tim