On 5/2/06, James M Snell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Again, however, Feed Rank is not intended to compete with the simple
list extensions.  They serve different purposes.  SLE defines a
processing model for individual feed documents whose entries represent a
sorted list; Feed Rank defines a way of assigning numeric rankings to
entries to facilitate sorting and grouping.

I find this explanation most unconvincing. Near as I can tell, this
spec serves an identical purpose, but it's much less flexible.

  In the Atom Syndication Format [RFC4287], the order of entries as
  presented in a feed is typically considered to be insignificant.
  This presents a challenge when the set of entries is intended to
  represent an ordered or ranked list.  This document specifies an
  extension...

Seems to me it's pretty darn similar.

--

Robert Sayre