On 5/5/06, Andreas Sewe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You mean r:rank, right? Well, the purpose of r:scheme (and its child
elements) is to describe the ordered set from which r:rank's values a
picked. Think of it as a datatype definition geared specifically at
describing those sets of numbers commonly encountered in grading schemes.

Why don't you call it that in the draft?

> This conflicts with the atom:author field. Why not @id, @domain, etc.

Well, I am not sure what you mean here, but as for @domain you have to
realize that a single scheme can be used to rank entries within more
than one Ranking Domain (e.g.., within several feeds).

Changing @name to @id might cause confusion, since attributes called
"id" commonly contain NCNames, not IRIs. I suggest to James using an
r:id child element of r:scheme, instead, to mimic atom:id, but somehow
he doesn't like the idea. But maybe you can come up with a better name
for @name (no pun intended).

Ranking Domain. I'm still not sure what that means.

>> An Atom feed element MAY contain any number of r:scheme elements.
>> A feed MUST NOT contain more than one r:scheme element with the
>> same name.
>
> Well, you have all of these child elements that can change the effect
> of the element, so why would you want to ban this behavior?

I don't understand the above. :-( Can you please clarify your objection.
Thanks.

I don't see the interoperation problem the MUST NOT is preventing.

--

Robert Sayre