Re: best speech synthesizer

Other than reaction speed, I've not noticed that much difference in vocalizer daniel and the old scansoft daniel, then again I'e heard a lot of that voice sinse it is on my Iphone, my sapi and if I wish supernova (another reason I like Orphius alan for Sn so I'm not listening to daniel all the time).
Actually Afrim your message with schedule etc read fine with Orphius, (it definitely says shed you al, not sked you al.
I don't know what it is with eloquence, it's just the English vowels sound rong to me and the voice is a little more synthetic than orphius human ones. The first time I heard Daniel, he reminded me of a Bbc news reader, so i agree with you on propper pronunciation there Afrim, indeed if you've heard my podcasts you know I speak a little like Daniel myself big_smile.

I find orphius at a higher speed good too, while that is on e of my problems with Daniel, if the speed is too high the words get choppy, then again i tend to find there is a point with synths where if the speed increases too much, while it still can be understood, it just sounds tense and harsh and unpleasant.

I've not yet as I said found a synth that actually does justice to dialogue and poetic writing, particularly with writers who are very careful about sentence structure, indeed when I write poetry myself I am always extremely finicky with punctuation and usually speak the poems out loud to get the right sense of things rather than relying just on a synth to see the rythm, Though that  being said, I'll say Daniel works well enough for the Cog and Hg games and similar, and I have been playing gamebooks like Lone wolf and ffproject with Orphius for years so it's not all bad, although I'm still waiting for that natural synth.

I'll admit though, I haven't experimented too much with most of the s ynths. Eloquence I've tried, sinse it's on various devices and these days even comes with supernova, and I've heard some of the acapella and espeak voices, but in general once I got a copy of Daniel to use with Sapi I was reasonably happy and didn't go experimenting too much.