Re: best speech synthesizer

@guilevi, I do agree Synthetic dave has changed quality in intonation, but to be honest I never liked Dave anyway. Pronunciation is okay, but the voice has always been far too robotic for me to appreciate. Supernova stopped shiping with Dave as the default orphius voice in I believe version 5.8 or so (you could select him if you wanted), but then for some confusing reason in version 8 they went back to Dave and Alan was an extra.
When I asked Dolphin why they said people preferd Dave, though that just seems nuts to me.

Oh well, I've got archived copies of all the orphius Us and Uk voices to use with supernova so no problem, ---- indeed though i do like Alan, Carol I find really annoying.

Decktalk I can see the attraction for, especially because decktalk is the synth Steven Hawkin uses, though I never liked Decktalk on any long peace of text, the intonation when doing an extended sentence or several linked sentences just doesn't work for me, not compar ed to orphius or vocaliser.

I've only ever heard the American Espeak, and no, just no! I'd rather have microsoft Mike or MAry, or hell even Sam than that big_smile.

Actually, while Ms Sam is a cruddy voice, it's great to take the micky out of. I remember an occasion when my sapi was buggered and the only voice I could run with it was Ms Sam. I was in the shower when a couple of friends of mine visited (this was back in 2006). Yelling through the bathroom door, I instructed them to start up Jim Kitchin's  game of life, which we then played.

This lead to a wonderful joke which we still do occasionally born of hearing Ms sam say "you may play the market if you own stock, ---- but you daaaaan't!"

So these days "but you daaan't!" has become a bit of an amusing thing big_smile.

Bad synths may be bad to listen to, but they're hilarious to take the micky out of,  big_smile.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : datajake1999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector