Re: best speech synthesizer

Ah, I must've got things wrong then.
Back in about 2000, I temporarily used a very short lived screen reader called wind vision that came with a voice synth "perfect paul" which was the exact one Steven hawkin uses, I assumed that was decktalk, but I could be wrong.

Sadly the hardware box for the synth died a death about two months after I got the thing, and I switched back to supernova, indeed it turned out that the features I liked in windvision were in fact in supernov already, Ijust hadn't known how to use them previously.

The only major advantage windvision had, is at the time because it was a hardware synth, it was very! quick and responsive, though I believe synths have now caught up due to improvements in technology.

I'm afraid I disagree on synthetic dave though. I used Dave for years, right from when I first started with windows 3.1 and Supernova version 3 in 19994 at the age of twelve. Personally, I was glad to get shot of him asap big_smile.

I used to have a rather fun game trying to emulate the 1960's "you shal be like us!" of the original cybermen with Dave. It wasn't quite doable, sinse Dave doesn't emphasise the ends of words quite the way the sixties cybermen did, but you could do a pretty good job big_smile.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector