Re: best speech synthesizer

Indeed it is fun. I do prefer Dave over the "natural" orpheus voices, but that might just be because I'm more of a formant synthesis person for most things.
DECtalk is not what Stephen Hawkin uses. He is actually using the voice that was in the Prose2000, which was actually a synthesizer that I think some blind people used back in the day. Some people in the MESS project are actually working on emulating that thing. I  kind of like it. It sounds a bit like TruVoice, but the voice quality is better. The only problem is that it sounds like something is pinching it's nose all the time.
@FamilyMario TrippleTalk has the same voices as DoubleTalk, I believe. The only problem is that they are really overpriced for what they are. Hell, I could technically still buy a Doubletalk LT from RCSystems themselves, but they're not worth it at the moment. I might try to get just the RC8660 and hook it up to a Raspi0 or something, that would probably cost abo ut $60 as opposed to the $180 for a new DTLT or trippletalk.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : datajake1999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector