Re: A seemingly strange question, but one that really needs an answer, ple

Another reason why using a numpad is a bad idea is that for people on MacBooks, there is no way to emulate one with the internal keyboard without using external tools. This used to be possible in older models, but was later removed (don't ask me which one was the first not to have this feature though).
Short of keyboards on phones, I've never seen one that is missing the right shift. Quite a few (again looking at MacBooks for instance), do miss the right control and applications keys though, so I think you should be OK with using left and right shift. Another option might be to keep the movement on the arrow keys but move the arm selection to 2 letter keys, for example A for left arm and D for right arm.