Re: A seemingly strange question, but one that really needs an answer, ple

Thank you guys for the input. I agree about the num pad issue, as though the laptop I have for personal use has one, the one I have for school, plus my previous personal one don't have one. Most laptops don't have num pads, so I would basically be eliminating a lot of players. Nonetheless, the idea of key mapping is a possible one, as I see the following being an issue.
  If supernova does indeed use shift as a modifier (I imagine that's annoying since you have to hit it twice to capitalize a letter, or am I wrong?), this may conflict since many of the messages are spoken by the active screen reader. Secondly, on a lot of computers, holding the right shift for 8 seconds could turn on filter keys, something that can get really annoying. I guess people could disable this though.
  But because I have a, "say", procedure for all of my games, I suppose I could have it use tts if no screen reader is active, or perhaps regardless thereof, so t hat isn't really an issue.
As for A and D, I tend not to prefer using those as push keys, I.E. Keys you must hold down to get things done), as it would heavily conflict with Jaws, causing it to freeze not only Jaws itself, but the computer.

  Still, even with the above mentioned issues, I think I'll use the shifts by default, including a key mapper. As this game is a scroller, I don't see what would make you want to modify walking and jumping and climbing keys, but that would be your choice. Rambling over.