Re: A seemingly strange question, but one that really needs an answer, ple

I don't know what you mean Steve about pressing shift twice to capitalize in Supernova, sinse shift modifyers tend to be with stuff like the numbpad or F keys or other functtions, certainly not with letter keys so you just do capitals the way you do normally.
There is one layout which uses letter keys and capslock, though I personally prefer the layout that's either function keys or numberpad depending if I'm on a desktop or laptop. All this is pretty moot anyway sinse you can just instantly flick the keys off with supernova with ctrl8 anyway.

Remember, it's only Jaws that does that key hooks grabbing thing and thus needs disabling entirely. I know super nova doesn't and can run fine with anything else running, it's just necessary to turn off the keys if there's a keystroke conflict with your program so you don't activate two functions at once by mistake. Indeed I'll often pause a game on my pc, flick Supernova's keys and voice back on, read my e-mails or write something then alt tab back to the game, flick sn off and continue.

I have heard window eyes works the same, Nvda I'm less certain of though I think it does.

If your going to use direct screen reader output, I'd very much suggest either using a system like the tolk library that supports several screen readers, or include sapi, sinse nothing is more annoying than accessible programs which are a screen reader hog, even with nvda for those who don't use it regularly.