Re: I probably shouldn't be posting this

I think I have... like... one post on this forum. One. And the reason behind it is simple. I've been reading for ages, and I've noticed two nearly constant things here.

Thing the first: Oh my everloving god the complaining. If it's not someone complaining because they were banned from a game, it's someone complaining because $dev stole this, or didn't implement that, or changed that other thing. Or it's complaining about something relatively trivial that's gone on in this forum. Or it's complaining about all the people doing the complaining. Seriously, who's got time for that?

Thing the second: Some regulation, please. I didn't see it very often, but even when there were active moderators around here I'd see warnings met by the people they were aimed at essentially laughing off said warnings. I've seen people who were still supposed to be banned back on the site like nothing happened because, I don't know , the mods felt like being nice I guess. And yes, I've seen inappropriate topics end up blown away just to be replaced by 6 more just like it.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact there's occasionally something semi-interesting posted here that I consider checking out, I probably wouldn't even have an account here. And if my third post on this forum ends up offending someone and someone decides to use me as a reason to get back on the mod bandwagon, I won't lose a whole lot of sleep for it. If it's interesting enough that it manages to survive the utter chaos of this forum, I'll probably hear of it elsewhere anyway.

Long story short: This makes the 17th, as of the time I started writing, post on this thread talking about moderating. How about we stop talking about moderating and start actually moderating. If you're a mod, you're a mod for a reason. Be one, for cryin' in the sink, or bring in someone who will.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : quanin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : criticview via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector