Re: I probably shouldn't be posting this

First thing's first.

MODERATION:

This topic belongs here in "Sight and Forum Feedback". Moved.

Now, back to myself.

1. If you want to tell us something, use the Report links to do it. We check the boards just like everybody else, and pay attention when we see things that are likely to be important (like the posts in this room), but are basically still just readers with responsibilities and time limitations, just like you (although I have an email interface to every post in the form of a mailing list that speeds things up considerably). Without these reports, we don't really have any idea what is happening in a topic we aren't watching, for whatever reason. At best we get a sense of increased activity as the topic floats often. And, even if we only take a cursory glance, many topics start out just fine, and are sufficiently generic as not to raise any real suspicion, even if they have duplicate names. So it's important you send those reports. Tell us what infraction you think you've seen or why you're concerned and what you think should be done about it. We are honestly just as eager to see this place free of bad behaviour as you are.

2. The database. Send your updates to the Sight and Forum Feedback room, just like it says on the main page. We'll check there, verify the information (which we insist is correct and long-lived) and post it. There seems to be an awful lot of "I posted this link but nothing changed" when the real reason is that the information is not useful. I will update the DB if I have good data to put into it.

3. UltraPalaver--I mean UltraPower. This is covered in the latest UltraPower topic. I have made an exception to the usual rules to disincentivise the pointless flaming, which while I personally regard it as pretty lame and ineffectual, is nevertheless changing the character of this forum for the worse. So I am going to resolve the central question of the clones, and then we'll see what should be done to restore some sanity.

Cheers.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : quanin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : criticview via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : simba via Audiogames-reflector