Re: HAs anyone played these muds?

I've played both Avalon and Cleft of dimentions, indeed there are topics about both on the forum, The avalon topic here and The cleft of dimentions topic here

Avalon is likely one of the most unique muds I've seen and has some of the best descriptions in a mud I can imagine, however I've hesitated to give it a db page because I'm not really sure whether there are! screen reader adaptations, or whether it's just that the mud lends itself very well to screen readers, though that being said the staff and players were all incredibly friendly when I tried the game and quite willing to make adaptations if at all necessary, it's just that I didn't really get far enough to see what or wasn't necessary.

Avalon itself is absolutely awesome, but very hard to describe. Everything in the game is very much player d riven, however there isn't really a big difference betwene rp and not rp, you just sort of act online according to what your character does and everything is player focused, indeed while there arenpcs in the game lots of the key roles like city rulers and guild officials are actually pcs, then again nobody will jump down your throat if you ask ooc questions either.
The newbie bits and novice training I did was fantastic and some of the most unique stuff I've done in the mud, for example spying missions and playing a clerric actually blessing and performing spells, however one problem I had was that once I joined a guild, which are like character classes in the game I wasn't really sure what to do next. I put loads of training points into bard skills on the instructions of guild mates, but I wasn't given any quests or tasks or things I could try out, which was a trifle frustrating.

I suspect Avalon is an awesome game, I just found it a bit impenitrabl e, then again, sinse I was sorting out business with my lady at the time I probably wasn't concentrating as much as I might have been and I really should try more of the game.

Cleft of dimentions is far simpler and makes much more sense sinse it's far closer to your standard dicu game, ie, slaughter, gain levels, train stats etc. The  game however has a very unique flavour sinse it's themed around old school 8 bit nes and snes games, lots of references to zelda, marrio, super punchout etc (indeed it begins when your sooked into your nes). Even the races are old school rpg ones,  I for example loved the chance to play as a reploid from the mega man series with my own arm canon.

It has quests and remorting, though when I tried there was a huge amount of grinding and I found the first quest a bit impenitrable, still it definitely does have screen reader adaptations so probably should get an entry as well.