Re: should accessible steam games be added to the database

Hello,
This is why I've taken so long thinking about whether I should, or shouldn't, add them, all of the issues listed above have also been on my mind.
I agree, the Steam client itself is not the most accessible thing in the world. However, I can also say the same about Smugglers, which has a database entry and only seems to work properly with Supernova, the same can be said about the Japanese games working with NVDA the easiest.
Also, here's the thing. Didn't some of the web games people discover have unlabeled buttons at first?
The client definitely needs fixing, but it seems like without publicity Valve won't listen. With audiogames being on the rise, if we start to add some and then spread it to some gaming news sites (this is definitely possible if you contact them first) and say look, there are now some audiogames, valve need to step up, this might actually help. We tried a petition before but that didn't really work because the only game we had access to was Skullgirls. But now, we've got Skullgirls, the Choice of Games like Heroes Rise, Renpi, A Blind Legend, Grail to The Thief, the accessible games are going up. We don't have any of them listed anywhere though. OK they are on the forum but the topics could be all over the place.
With database entries there are also kind of reviews which would describe how they are accessible. It could also lay the groundwork for the future because I actually think more and more independent devs are going to use Steam.
Even with my optimism though, I'm still a bit on the fence, as I'm still worried that new users won't have a chance to even get logged in without sighted help. Plus those pesky captchas, no audio option as it currently stands, at all.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : hb123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ianhamilton_ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : brian . kurosawa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector