Re: should accessible steam games be added to the database

Hello,

Here is my view on this. I realize I haven't been gaming as much as I usually do, so I might be a bit behind on this, so I accept corrections.

I definitely think accessible Steam games deserve an entry in the database. Why? Because while this site *IS* called AudioGames.net, there are already a bunch of playable mainstream games in the database, and not of them are fully accessible. Here's an example. I recently got one of the Adventure to Fate games, which I found on *THIS* website. Is this a fully playable game? Yes, as far as I can see. But it is definitely not intuitive. A lot of buttons have double labels, one of which doesn't work. The screen never fully refreshes, so there are lots of leftovers from previous screens. It reuses widgets like crazy, so if you do two consecutive fights, your obtained items will look all weird and it is impossible to know which ones are new and which ones are just empty widgets that voiceover is reading wrong.And yet, this game has an entry.

While I do realize the Steam client's accessibility is terrible, and that is Valve's problem, do the developers really have to pay for this? Steam is a good platform for developers to work with. We're a minority here. I'm sorry, but you can't expect Mike Z to release Skullgirls on Guide Dog Games, for example. That just won't work. Yes, I realize the steam client is terrible. But I have never, ever had a problem with accessibility within the game. A blind legend doesn't sem to have a single problem either.

I'm not saying very game should be added. I'm not even saying most games should be added. Hell, maybe they should have their own separate page, or category, or some tag on them, something. But people who don't want to look through page and pages of posts deserve to know about games such as Skullgirls.

The Steam client is not a game. The games within Steam are. And they're what you're interested in. yes, you might have to use a workaround for the client. But is it possible? Is it worth it? Yes. I have more than 30 games on steam and there are a bunch of people that I know who have even more. And the whole  community deserves to have the choice of going through Steam to get access to these games.

Thanks.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ianhamilton_ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : brian . kurosawa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector