Re: should accessible steam games be added to the database

The problem here is "accessible" as used by this site is a very formal deffinition. ie, playable with the same degree of effort as a sighted person.
Smugglers is, using Nvda, supernova or window eyes, ditto with the japanese games with nvda (the translation problems are another issue not related to access but language).

Last I heard the steam client required ocr interpretation, literally printing material to the screen and then clicking with guesswork, not something a sighted person needs to do, and not an effort that will dicrease with time.

The plane fact is a large amount of effort has! gone in to trying to get valve to make the client more accessible, but they asimply re not interested. Poticions, e-mails detailing access fixes, all of this has been tried and they simply do not responde. Generally when a company does not respond to access requests it's because they have little to no interest in responding, indeed the fact that developers like the developer of skullgirls have! included access fixes in their games and valve still have showed no interest in fixing the problems in their client is a pretty clear message.

Therefore, until! the client is fixed, steam games won't get pages, indeed I'd strongly suggest that developers of games like Skullgirls if they want their games to be fully accessible do as the developers of smugglers, and the cog titles do and offer downloads without! the inaccessible mess of steam, indeed I actually think this website should not! support Steam given Valve's basic lack of interest in accessibility.

As to  other games like Pokemon crystal access, well I don't know sinse I've not played it, simple as that. There is only one of me and there are lots of games to work with, and I tend to write news about games that I myself have played, that is why we have several news posters so it's hoped there are enough people to cover all relevant accessible new releases.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : brian . kurosawa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : arjan via Audiogames-reflector