Re: `Cosmic Rage, an all new, all awesome Space MOO from Nathan Tech!

Well I've finally dove in and tried this one, really I've been looking for a good space game for ages, and I'm liking how this shapes up with the descriptions and backstory, indeed the game sort of had me at being able to play a space dragon big_smile.

I will say after creating my character and account and getting the soundpack to work, my start was rather rocky. I began trying hunting to find that once I'd killed an animal, I could cut one corpse, but when carrying one pece of meat I couldn't cut anymore corpses, I just get the boing sound, which is odd since I can still kill animals just not get anything from them, which is sort of strange, particularly since apparently my cutting skill is already maxed for my level.
to confuse matters even more, when I went and tried to sell my one piece of meat the shopkeeper told me "We don't serve yo ur sort here get out!" quite odd, given I was a dragon on Navu.
I asked on the newbie channel and needed to raise my charisma, which I'd not heard before, however even then my solo peace of meat only sold for 15 k credits, which might've been okay if I could've stashed 20 or so in my bag and sold a load, but not toddling back and forth with them one at a time.

I haven't quite got how the merchant ship thing works, but then again on navu the background for the landing clearing is so loud I was having trouble hearing the speech. I did find taxis working well, though am less sure on this teleport thing, still it's nice to get around and feel like I'm getting somewhere, though you might consider adding info on taxis in the getting started file.

I would like some more information on the skills, either in the skill complex or in the help files, ie, what they actually do when you raise them.
While h

So while I had little luck with hunting, I pumped some credits into mining skill and went and tried hand mining. This worked better once I'd raised my skills.

This worked far better and I've now hit level 5, though judging from the prices of trash trucks, at 3 mill credits it'll take lots of mining to have enough to afford one given that the most I've got on a mining run so far has been 80 k.

A little disappointing since the trash collecting and quests sounded right up my alley, but nobody ever said life was easy big_smile.

it'd be nice though if hunting would work correctly, or there was something to vary mining a bit, especially if it's going to take about 35 mining trips before I can move to the next activity in the list, indeed I suspect by the time I have enough for the truck I'll be high enough to try fishing and some other things big_smile.

I also wonder if it would be possible to have the mining scanner show the closest mineral first, so that you don't have to sit and read through all the minerals in one go to get to the closest one, ---- oddly it lists "the lowest" mineral at the bottom though whether this refers to lowest down, lowest value or something else I'm not exactly sure of.

But certainly I'm liking the game so far, and suspect I'll be spending a good bit of time wandering around the universe seeing what is what.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Merin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector