Re: Computer hardware upgrades and tinkering question

Totaly agree Tom. I guess it's that whole nerdy asspect of myself lol. The machine i aquired is a fairly but not to old Dell OptiPlex. It came with windows Xp pro and 2 gigs of ram. I swear i think someone overclocked the pintium 4 processor in there because windows says it's running at 3.8 GHZ, which i was not expecting. Anyway, i love the design, as it is a small form factor machine, yet the parts are all full sized desktop components. So, i'll start by upgrading the memory to about 4 gigs, as that is the max the proprietary Dell board will support. I'll throw in a Crutial SSD for speed, and i bet i'll have a pretty modern feeling and snappy system. One day, i may upgrade the main board but one thing at a time.