Re: Computer hardware upgrades and tinkering question

Hi.
Back in 2004 or so, I build my own desctop computer. The only thing I got sighted help on doing was insert the motherboard into the cabinet and place the CPU on the motherboard, because if that fails, you're screwed, and I mean, screwed! The CPU have to be used with some cooling chreme, sorry, I don't know what this is called in english, but it's a kind of chreme which protect the CPU to burn while it's getting hot. Then, you have to carefully, very carefully, place the CPU which basically is a small square ended thing into the socket which is difficult, because the CPU have many small pins. If one of those brakes, you have simply destroyed your CPU! So for those reasons, I chose to get some help on inserting my CPU.
I did all the other stuff: Inserting the powersupply, the ram, the graphic card, harddrives, dvd drives, fans etc. I chose a very big cabinet so it was easier to work with, because of lots of space inside the cabinet.
Well, as I& #039;m writing this, I don't really know where to begin to tell how to do all this, because that requires you know exactly what all kinds of things looks like, so you don't try to insert it wrong into the motherboard and brakes it. If you have any questions on how to do this, please let me know, and I'll do my best to explain what it looks like, and how to insert it.
If you know absolutely nothing about what a computer looks like inside the cabinet, I'll recommend you to get an old computer which works but which someone has trashed because it's old and useless. then, take a screwdriver, open it, get used to how to handle screws and all that stuff, and slowly begin to explore the computer inside. Have someone sighted to show you what's what, turn on the computer, tell the sighted person to carefully stick your fingers into the fan at the middle so you don't get hurt and shocked, because fans do hurt if you're not prepared on what it feels like to stick the fingers in those. If you touch the middle of the fan, you'll only touch the round middle thing which spinns, but if you tuch the wings  it hurts a bit, but nothing will happen, but you'll get a shock for sure!
So, if you don't have any experiences at all, there is a lot to lern, but it's doable. Again, please ask, and I'll do my best to answer, hoping my english is good enough for any description you might need. smile