Re: Winamp going to heavens on 20th of December 2013

I'm afraid sebby I utterly disagree,  since to  be honest all that library playlist sharing crap is stuff I don't need, and it annoys me to have it around the interface. Winamp lets you hide and show just what elements you want, and the basic file playback bit is quite easy.  organize into folders, play in order etc  are all things your os should do, (indeed  organizing my audio files and stuff as I want them is something I have maintained for years on my harddrive), and it irritates me that Itunes can't just do the same but has to force you to use it's own methodology, heck, it can't even   use propper folder structures or file names like any decent player.  Itunes also, as I said it seems to follow the modern interface convention of chuck as much at the screen as humanly possible which doesn't help either.

With winamp, to play a complete book or album, I just find the folder, on my organized harddrive, and select play in  winamp, and that's it, no mess.

I don't mind people using extra services or having the options available, heck, when I was compiling music for  our rp session  i did!use the winamp playlist feature (the only time I ever have), but it irritates me  when that is the only!  option as with Itunes. indeed, the only way I've found to get Itunes to play folders sensably is to copy the folder into  an itnes playlist, ignore everything else Itunes does, then delete the entire playlist and all contents when I'm finished. This is doable, but needlessly annoying when I could just copy the folder as is.

If I'd not! found a way around Itune's stupidity, I likely would have looked into a different portable music player despite owning an Iphone.

About mediaplayer classic, well I don't know not having tried it, but  to be honest I've been happy with winamp for years,  es pecially with it's streaming and ability to play many different file formats (which I doubt any other player besides foobar could do). Then there as  is the equaliser as I said.

The main problem with winamp was, as Chris said, I never saw a reason to buy the full version.   For cd  wripping I configured the default windows media player to basically do an  insta wrip and grab info off the net as soon as I stick in the cd, then vanish as soon as the  wrip was finished, making it an automatic process (actually this was the only thing I  do! regularly use windows  media player for). Other than that it didn't seem winamp pro had  much to offer really. if they'd held back something, like internet streaming say I'd likely have bought the program, indeed I'm almost a little sorry I didn't now just to support developement.