Re: Winamp going to heavens on 20th of December 2013

Well Sebby I just never see the point in all the library stuff. I've already got my stuff organized on my computer in folders, directories and files I personally like, why should I mess around with  ratings and  libraries and such? This especially goes for audio books, since it's far  easier to just find an author and play their stuff directly from windows explorer.  The hole library thing always seemed a bit pointless to me.

Again, if people like all the extra hassle and ratings and such, fair enough, I'm all for choice, I just wish  Itunes had! choice. heck,   it was partly all the library  mallarchy that put me off windows mediaplayer in the first place, since to be honest I could never really see any bennifit when all you want to do is play some audio, indeed I've only ever used playlists on winamp for my rp group as I said.

Also,  when I mention unusual formats, I don't mean chip tunes, I mean stuff in  gamemusic format directly, as well as formats like m4b.   Perhaps foobar  does this, I do know people who recommend it, but again, since winamp has a really nice and customizable interface why not?

The only thing I've disliked in the last few versions of Winamp was  the business that if  any usb device is plugged  in winamp asks if it is a portable music device and attempts to load it, even if it's just a memory stick or  passport drive, but compared to  the  irritation of Itunes, or the only slightly less irritating windows media player, that's really not a problem at all.