Re: Winamp going to heavens on 20th of December 2013

@jjgeek, well  the issue isn't itunes beeing accessible, it's that to access it it's interface is a pain, and not straight forward. that is the problem.  it's doable,  but  with roughly 10 times the trouble of winamp.

@Sebby, I agree different people different hthings, however it's the lack of choice in Itunes that annoys me and the fact apple just come along and say "make all your files comply with our system orelse!" irrispecftive of what  I've been doing for the last few years.

Why the hell should! I have to write  scripts or do renaming just to   do things like play files from an audio book in order? and why can't I just transfer stuff onto my  Iphone  in the folders I've created the way any mp3 player works?

As I said, if you go apple from the start and begin with that system, and just! download everything through Itunes, well that's a different s tory and likely works better, indeed that I suspect is what Apple want. I also imagine  Itunes on the mac is less bloody stupid with it's interface.

However it's the incompatibility with all my existing stuff, ----  over 700 gb of existing stuff that  gets up my nose.

As to library advantages, well I've never really seen advantages to the system myself in windows, whether in winamp, windows media player or whatever. I don't particularly  care about people's ratings, or whatever sort of genre  or other random classification the software wants to chuck on me, as I said, i've already got my stuff organized as I like in forders I've setup myself which is good enough for me.

I will agree that   having instant transfer onto my Iphone would be  a useful thing,  bug again, not particularly enough to make me want to go and rejigger all my stuff with  Apple's silly tags just so they will play in propper order (aside from the fact that the way Apple  organize stuff isn't the way I like to), especially  with something like an audio book  which I may listen to once, then not come back to until years later.

As it is my way around, by just creating a playlist with an appropriate folder name in itunes, then copying  the contents of one of my folders into that playlist works well enough, albeit it's less convenient than just copying the folders across directly would be.

As I said, If you find the library thing with the ratings and whatever of use to you, that's fine, I agree very much with your different strokes comment, it just narks me that Apple unfortunately don't.
That! (along with it's less than stellar interface), is the thing I hate about Itunes.