Re: Muds: what is everyone playing

Yes, it's post-by-post, but it's inside the game. It's not a forum or anything. You and everybody else are characters on a map. There is an OOC (out of character) channel to talk on, but RP happens based on what room you're in. So if you act something out and you're in the tavern, and I act out something while I'm south of the tavern, we won't see each other. So in that sense, it's not one of those forum-based things. RP is active, which is to say people get online, congregate wherever they're gonna congregate, and cook something up. You don't just slap your post into a forum and wait for someone else's story.

Avalon? I tried that one, but the impression I got from it is that everything is shrouded in mystery and that you aren't going to get ahead without spending money. Maybe I'm mistaken, but that was the impression I had.