Remembering a classic, esp pinball

Well partly because we bought some new keyboards and I wanted to test them out, and partly because playing Blindfold Pinball for the db made me nostalgic, and even more partly because I want this windows 10 machine to feel a little like home, i decided to reinstall some classics, namely the esp pinball titles, classic, extreme, and! the party pack vol 1 (shame they never made any further volumes).
I do believe these are still available from Draconis entertainment, and certainly I can confirm they work just fine under windows 10.

okay, so why do I like these? Arcade games yes, but arcade games a huge amount of sounds, very rich environments, and some detailed mechanics and physics that actually make getting some of the scores in some tables quite a task. I particularly like the way that the tables are rewarding, so at start as a new player (or indeed someone who hasn't played these games in several years), you'll get some rewards by way some of the smaller bo nuses, however later you'll get much more rewards.

My only cryticism of the games, is that I do wish Draconis had included the table descriptions in the game itself rather than in a separate html guide, since it'd be much easier to read them under a menu item, and plus, read them when you actually go to play each table separately rather than all together.

Also, not all of the tables are equal, eg, Merlin's laboratory, which should be a great concept just doesn't have enough to do, and while the home run table is a great table, it's waaaaay too easy not to die making it a little pointless.
That being said I'd strongly recommend all of these, since even in the audiogames landscape of today where there are still many great free arcade games, these stand up as definitely commercial quality.
Indeed I still hope Draconis will go back to these and give us more tables in the future.