Re: Accessible Antivirus?

Last time I used C cleaner, over 10 years ago, it was far from idiot-proof. I ran the registry cleaner and perged everything it offered me and was rewarded with the dreaded blue screen, haahah. Been scared of it ever since. I've just tried it again as I can easily recover this PC. Ran the basic cleaner and was pleased to see it found stuff that MS's disk clean up doesn't. Then clicked registry with a trembling finger and like the idiot I am clicked fix all without bothering to read the list. I'll never learn. Though fingers crossed I've got away with it this time. A successful restart and everything seems okay.
Re Kaspersky, I tried it quite a few years ago and found it wouldn't let assistive software of any sort anywhere near it. They must have fixed that since. But like you said, it depends on how much you feel you need good protection. If I didn't visit the odd dodgy site here and there, I think I'd do without. With paypal and a dedi cated bank account that only has just enough money in it every month, I feel safe from having my bank account emptied. And if my PC runs slow because of malware, I can recover pretty easily.