Re: amazon echo, would you recommend it?

"Chris, when I tried the ios ap I found that it was impossible to go back to any menu.
this meant it was literally impossible to look at say a list of or services or similar.
I don't know if this got fixed, but I know it certainly was! still a problem in January of this year which is why I tried the web ap.

"Orco, I can't speak for the issues, whether it's a jaws thing I don't know, then again sicne I've yet to get much good out of my own echo dot I'm probably not the best person to ask anyway.
I would like to get some! use out of it, since I feel rather guilty at my brother being kind enough to spend what was undoubtedly not an inconsiderable amount on a Christmas present,  when I tried it in January the things it did like weather and news it did not do half as well as Siri since it's voice recognition seemed far worse, and as for skills and what not there didn't really seem to be many available other   than playing the national lottery, when I tried to get it to play music it failed miserably (I couldn't get it to connect to radio stations and the closest thing it found to beathoven was some dj crap), plus I don't really like the idea of a streaming service anyway I'd rather own my own music and play it on whatever I want whenever I want.

Perhaps though at least from the point of view of skills and such I should try it again, since it is possible more skills are now available in Britain which might make the thing sort of worth using.