Re: amazon echo, would you recommend it?

Dark, I think the problem is that the Echo is still primarily designed for the United States. Maybe there are more skills since you last looked in January. You may want to give it another shot. The Alexa app was updated recently and the accessibility is much better. Just use the menu button to bring up a menu that lists all the various options. The only slight issue I've found is having to tap somewhere in the center of the screen to focus the list. Aside from that, everything works well for me.

Orko, have you tried contacting customer service? You definitely shouldn't be experiencing these issues. I know Amazon hasn't been the best in terms of accessibility for a while, but they've really turned their act around in the last two or so years. All their Fire devices are screen reader accessible, Kindle for Windows is now accessible when using both JAWS and NVDA, and they just introduced audio description to Prime Video. The Echo products are awesome as well . Now if only Kindle for macOS was as good as the Windows version.