Re: developers and empty promises

I never said that I was promised any additional chapters for those games. Although disappointing, I'm fine with only getting the first chapter and nothing more.

What annoys and upsets me is when the developers neglect to tell you that you are only getting the first chapter, you only learn that when the game ends rather abruptly. Blindside is still being sold and there is no mention anywhere that you are buying episode 1 of a multi part story, nor that the rest of the story isn't forthcoming.

And even though they are no longer being sold except maybe to get rid of remaining stock, there is no mention anywhere that Chillingham and Time Adventures are only the first part of a story that now will never be finished.

Omitting that information is just as much a deception as a out right lie is. It's still a deception to get your money, because if they came right out and told you that you would only be getting part 1 and that the rest of the story would nev er be produced, would you buy it?

And then there are games like Steam Punk Neverland and Watch Tower Chronicles, that developer even went so far as to collect money for preorders for those games, and two years later, the games still haven't been released and the developer is still collecting, or at least asking for, preorders!

While I agree that taking the route of being patient and watching what develops as I am doing with Code 7 is the best course. There are too many examples of things going way south.

I have downloaded the prelude for Code 7 and will be trying it out later today, but I'm not going to order the rest of the episodes until they are ready for immediate delivery. I don't see anything wrong with that.